Wednesday, January 3, 2024

PINEAPPLE PUNCH

I'm not sure who named this old punch.  It is called pineapple punch, yet it has equal amounts of pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice.  Have you ever used jelly in your punch? I never have, so obviously, I have not made this punch. As a diabetic, I stay away from punch. As a great-grandma, it has been many years since I made punch for occasions with my children.


3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup currant jelly
2 1/2 cups boiling water
3/4 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cups ginger ale

Stir the sugar, jelly, and water until sugar and jelly are dissolved; cool.  Add the pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice.  Pour the mixture over a block of ice in a punch bowl.  Just before serving, add the ginger ale.

Yield: 12 servings
Note: I do not change these old recipes, but I believe you stir the sugar, jelly and water in a saucepan until dissolved. Otherwise, you wouldn't need to cool.

free clipart 

No comments: