Wednesday, November 29, 2023

PARADISE SALAD

This is an old recipe that was served at the Department Club (whatever that is or was) meetings in my hometown many, many years ago.

2 boxes lemon gelatin (I assume this is the small boxes)
2 cups boiling water (part pineapple juice)
1/2 lb marshmallows
1 can crushed pineapple (since you use some of the juice in the water, I assume this is drained)

Mix the above ingredients and let cool.
Whip: 1 cup cream (Milnot is fine) add 1 8-oz. cream cheese and 1/2 cup mayonnaise.  Add to first mixture and mix well.  Pour into loaf pan, let set until firm.  Then for top layer layer use:

1 box gelatin (any flavor)                                             2 cups water

Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup hot water, then add 1 cup cold.  Mix and pour over the first layer and let set until firm.

NOTE: Some of these old recipes have very poor directions.  I have not made this as I just came across this in one of mom's old boxes and didn't want to waste my holiday sweets on it.  I am diabetic and have to eat carefully and have other things in mind for the next several days.

Are any of you familiar with this salad?

No comments: