Thursday, March 4, 2021

MABEL RUDOPLH'S CREAMY RAISIN PIE

This is the Creamy Raisin Pie my mother made. One the family really liked. See the note at the end, this is not my mother's recipe.

Mabel Rudolph's Creamy Raisin Pie
4 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick soft butter
2 Tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup raisins (mom used the dark raisins)
1 teaspoon vanilla (extract)
Cream sugar with flour, salt, & softened butter.
Best egg yolks & add to above mixture.
Blend in milk & raisins.
Cook til thick.
Take off heat & add vanilla.
Pour into baked pie crust & put meringue on top.
Bake/Brown.

 This was posted by a lady on one of the recipe blogs I follow. She explains it well at the beginning of the post. Several of you look for old raisin pie recipes so I thought I would share her post with you.

No comments: