Monday, January 2, 2012

TANGY VEGETABLE SALAD

Since I am a gal who loves her vegetables, this has been one of my favorite salads for many years.  I think one of the reasons I love vegetables so much is because I was raised in the country where we grew most of our vegetables.  I loved helping plant the seeds, watching the plants grow, and waiting with great anticipation to enjoying the vegetables when they were ready.  I also loved helping my mother and grandmother can the vegetables then enjoying them on cold snowy days in the wintertime.  I believe my love of vegetables was planted early and I know it runs deep.  Now that I am a diabetic, I have changed the sugar in this recipe to Splenda granulated.  It is still just as good.  However, I am printing my original version for you.

1 can baby peas
1 can Shoe Peg corn
1 can French-cut green beans
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 chopped onion
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar

Drain all the canned vegetables then mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a lid.  Place lid on bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight.

This makes a great 'make ahead' dish for busy cooks.



No comments: