Thursday, November 8, 2012

PINEAPPLE BAKED BEANS

I got this recipe in the 1970s from a lady in Southern Indiana.  I heard how good it was but to be honest, I have never made it.  I like my beans with cornbread and never thought I would care for them with pineapple although I'm sure many of you will.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

1 can (approx. 1 lb size) pork and beans
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp catsup
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 tbsp pineapple syrup
1 small can sliced pineapple, drained

Drain the pineapple and save 1 tablespoon of the juice.

In a mixing bowl combine the beans, not too much juice or soup, and the brown sugar, catsup, mustard, and pineapple syrup.  Pour into a greased casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Top with the pineapple slices and return to oven for another 30 minutes.

clipart bean pot


No comments: