Wednesday, July 22, 2026

SLOW COOKER NAVY BEAN SOUP

Do you remember getting your first crockpot? I remember my dad going to the local hardware store and getting one for my mom, my sister, and me. We were all so excited. As a young wife and mother, I loved mine. Now pushing 80 I still love my crockpot. I have used a few, broke one or two and still love them. I think the greatest invention has been the cooking bags for our crockpots/slow cookers.
Ingredients
1 lb of dry white beans soaked and drained (navy or northern)
2 lb of meat (ground beef, chicken, turkey, ham, sausage) I prefer ham! 
1/2 c chopped onion
10 c chicken stock or bullion
1 can cream of onion soup
1/2 c grated carrot
Season to taste
Instructions
Brown meat
Add all ingredients to a 7-8 qt slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

 

No comments: