Tuesday, May 2, 2023

CORNBREAD DRESSING

 

I do not like turkey or chicken, but I do love the dressing.  I especially like it made with these soups.  Hope you will, too.  Some like the chopped boiled eggs so I have included them.  I don't particularly like them but they supply more of the protein I need as a diabetic.  Dressing is just as good without them, and I make it both ways.


2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
4 cups chicken or turkey broth (I prefer vegetable broth)
9 x 11-inch pan unsweetened cornbread, crumbled
3/4 loaf stale white bread, crumbled
6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
4 large eggs
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp ground sage
1 tsp ground thymeaste
pepper to taste

Sauté the onion and celery in the vegetable oil until tender.  Add the soups and the broth and cook until heated through.

In a large bowl combine the crumbled cornbread, crumbled white bread, chopped eggs, raw eggs, and seasonings.  Add the soup/broth mixture and mix together well.  Pack into a large pan that has been greased and bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

file photo for reference only

No comments: