Saturday, August 14, 2021

RANGER BURGER PATTIES

This is an old recipe from my late mother's collection. We ate simple meals back in Southern Indiana when I was a child but I much preferred them to the meals I ate in 5-Star restaurants later in life when I worked in New York City!

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup dry oats
1 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Combine ingredients in a bowl, using clean hands. Shape mixture into patties and brown in a skillet. Make the following SAUCE:
1 cup catsup
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
1 teaspoon sugar
3 teaspoons vinegar
1 small onion, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring. Pour the sauce over the burger patties and simmer until sauce is thickened and burgers are of desired doneness.

FILE PHOTO

No comments: