Sunday, March 4, 2012

SOUR DOUGH BREAD WITH EVERLASTING YEAST

This is a great bread to make with the Everlasting Yeast in my last post.  I haven't made this but have enjoyed eating it.  This recipe is from a lady at one of the church's I attended as a youngster and teenager.  The Everlasting Yeast was her recipe, too.  I ate her bread all my younger years.  She finally gave me the recipe.  I lost if for years.  Just found it in an old shoe box of misc papers.  (I am so bad about that!)

1 cup sour dough starter (the everlasting yeast)
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
5 - 6 cups bread flour

Optional add-ins:
1/2 cup oat bran
1/2 cup wheat bran
3 tablespoons soy flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 cup bran

Mix ingredients.  Let stand overnight in a big bowl in a warmed oven.  Knead dough about 15 times on a floured surface.  Divide into 3 parts.  Knead each about 15 times, then a few times in a bit of olive oil.  Put into greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

No comments: