- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour 1 8-oz. can Hunt's Tomato Sauce and 1/2 can water over first two layers
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped onion and green pepper
- 3/4 lb. uncooked ground beef, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Pour second can Hunt's Tomato Sauce and 1/4 can water over all
- Cover meat with 4 strips bacon, cut in half
Friday, April 3, 2015
1950s 7-LAYER CASSEROLE
I love all these old recipe clippings. My late mom had a shoebox full.
I know this is hard to read so here is what it says:
Talk about your one-dish meals! Here's one with no precooking. Just put in the layers, pop it in the oven, and get set for some real raves from your family!
Start heating oven to moderate (350 F.) Place these ingredients in layers in a 2-qt. baking dish with a tight-fitting lid:
Cover dish and bake at 350 F. for 1 hour. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
There's just no end to the tempting casseroles you can make with Hunt's Tomato Sauce. It's particularly nice for leftovers. A little of this, a little of that, and Hunt's Tomato Sauce - and a delicious dinner is on your table! Let your imagination be your guide...when Hunt's is in the kitchen to help!