Monday, December 26, 2011

GRANDMA HAWKINS

As you who follow this blog know, I grew up in Southern Indiana and most of my favorite recipes can be traced to my roots there.  I grew up next door to my grandparents and my grandmother had a great influence on my cooking.  She was always happy to share her secrets and let me make a mess in her kitchen, although I was expected to clean up said mess! (Another good idea when teaching someone to cook!)  She was always very eager to be a taste-tester and always gave me an honest answer.  If there was a problem, she was generous in her approval and subtle in her corrections.  On Christmas Eve I found this picture of her and my grandpa.  I wanted to give her due credit and post her picture on this site.  This picture was taken around 1940.

No comments: