Sunday, June 13, 2021

LAYERED CRAB APPETIZER

This is another old recipe clipping from my late mother's shoe box recipe collections. I have never made it as I don't eat crab so I have no recommendations one way or the other on this recipe. It is hard to read so I have typed the recipe below.


6 oz Crabmeat
8 oz Light Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. White Wine Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. Light Mayonnaise
1 green onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 8-oz bottle cocktail sauce
Fresh parsley, chopped

In small bowl, combine cream cheese Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise, green onion and garlic powder. Spread mixture in shallow glass serving dish to make the first layer. Second layer: cocktail sauce.
Third Layer: Crabmeat. Fourth Layer: sprinkle with parsley. Cover and chill in refrigerator. Serve with crackers. Makes 24 ounces.

No comments: