1. To keep nuts from sinking to the bottom of cake or bread batter, shake them in a paper bag with a pinch or two of flour.
2. Do not discard worn pillow slips. Cut a small hole in the seamed end and slip it over a hanger as protection for clothes.
3. Use cotton swabs dipped in lukewarm soap or detergent suds to clean the grooves of carved furniture.
4. Potatoes soaked in salt water for 20 minutes before baking will bake more rapidly.
5. A pie crust will be more easily made and better if all the ingredients are cool.
6. To cut fresh bread easily, cut with a hot knife.
7. Tablecloths and sheets should be folded crosswise occasionally. It will make them last longer.
8. To prevent the iron from sticking, add a little salt to the starch.
9. To remove iodine stains from linens rub the stained area with a slice of lemon.
10. Fruit stains may be removed with a strong solution of borax, or the stain moistened with water, rubbed with borax, and boiling water poured through.