Friday, June 13, 2014

PEACH CUSTARD PIE

I'm not sure this is a vintage recipe but it is an old one. I got it from a facebook post by Mark Allen Ballard. I am including the entire post.



Here's the recipe for the best peach pie you will ever taste. I got it from my grandmother. She cut it out of the Macon Telegraph in 1971. I still have the yellowed newspaper copy. Enjoy!

PEACH CUSTARD PIE

Mark Ballard

1 un-baked 9" pie shell 2 large or 4 small, ripe peaches
1 c. sugar 1/3 c. plain flour
2 eggs, well beaten ½ stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon almond flavoring, or flavoring of your choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and slice peaches and arrange them to cover the bottom of the pie crust with one layer. Mix the sugar and flour. Add the well beaten eggs, melted butter and flavoring, mixing well. Pour over the peaches. Bake until crust browns and custard thickens and sets. Time will range from 25 to 35 minutes depending on the oven.

This is absolutely the BEST peach pie I’ve ever tasted. And, it’s proven to be quite popular with my viewers and readers who’ve requested and prepared the recipe.


1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

Simply delicious I'm sure, Linda and oh so easy too!

Thanks for sharing...