Saturday, January 26, 2013

OLD RECIPE FOR CINNAMON CANDY

This is another of the recipes from the Marshall Township PTA 1955 cookbook.  This recipe was contributed by Mrs. Lloyd Houpt.  Mrs. Houpt had a daughter in my class so I got to know her pretty well.  Her daughter Patty was my classmate grades 1 through 12.  We were good friends and shared a room on our Senior Trip to Washington, DC and NYC.  Patty is a member of my facebook Grandma's Vintage Recipes page.  Mrs. Houpt later become one of the "cafeteria ladies" at the school.  When my daughter attended this same school, she loved seeing Mrs. Houpt everyday.

2 cups sugar
1/4 lb butter
3/4 cup milk
3 tbsp. white syrup
1 tbsp. vanilla extract

Boil until it forms a soft ball in water.  Remove from heat, pour into mixer and beat until smooth.  Let stand until cool enough to knead with hands.  Pour out on wax paper and form into roll and sprinkle with cinnamon.

This chart was on the page facing this recipe.

No comments: