Monday, October 29, 2012

MOM'S HANDWRITTEN RAISIN PIE RECIPE

I have no idea where my mom got this recipe but I found this in her handwriting.  I'm thinking she may have written it down from a local daily radio program called, "Over the Backyard Fence."  I often watched her writing down recipes from that program when I was a child. Have no idea if it is any good.  I can't stand raisins so I have never had it!

2 cups Sun Maid Seedless raisins
2 cups water
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed down)
2 tbs cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon or (1/2 or 3/4) not quite so much.
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbs vinegar
1 tbs butter

Boil raisins in 1 3/4 cups water 5 minutes.  Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon & salt, moisten with remaining 1/4 cup cold water and add raisins, stirring until mixture boils.  Remove from fire & add butter & vinegar.

Pour into pastry-lined pie pan.  Cover top with pastry.  Bake 25 minutes in how oven, 425 degrees.

No comments: