Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CUBAN CORN PIE

This recipe is from a 1958 small cookbook put out by Good Housekeeping  titled Good Housekeeping's AROUND THE WORLD Cook Book.  If you follow my blog you know my mother left me quite a recipe collection.  This is one of the books I found in one of her boxes of recipes.  I have never made this recipe and if my mother did, I didn't taste it.  I cannot swallow chicken but my dad and sister loved chicken and my mother ate it sometimes.

Pastry for two-crust pie
2 cups cooked rice
1/4 lb crumbled crisp bacon
2 cups sliced cooked or canned chicken
1 No. 303 can cream-style corn
1/2 teasp. salt
1/4 teasp. pepper
Cream

Start heating oven to 400 degrees.  Line deep, fluted 9" pie plate with half of pastry.  Arrange, in layers, rice, bacon bits, sliced chicken, corn; sprinkle with half the salt and half the pepper. Repeat the layers. Adjust top crust; make several slits in crust; brush with cream.  Bake about 30 minutes or till golden.

Makes 6 servings
 
This is a picture of the first page inside the booklet.

No comments: