Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HERSHEY'S FLUFFY COCOA FROSTING

I have used this Hershey's frosting most of my life.

4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
3/4 cup cocoa, sifted
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup evaporated milk

Mix the sugar and cocoa; blend part of the sugar mixture with the butter.  Blend in the vanilla and half the milk; add remaining sugar mixture and blend well.  Add the remaining milk; beat to desired consistency.  Additional milk may be added if desired.

Enough to frost and fill a two layer 9-inch cake.

file photo


3 comments:

Rochelle R. said...

I like this recipe too. I think the evaporated milk must be what makes it so much better than other recipes.

Linda C Wilson said...

Rochelle, I agree!

Brian said...

Thanks for posting this and keeping it original. This was my younger brothers favorite as a kid, along with old fashioned cocoa cake, also a recipe from the Hershey's cocoa box. Still have the cake recipe but had lost the frosting recipe as my favorite is Glossy Chocolate Frosting. I will be making the cake for my brothers 50th birthday celebration.