Saturday, December 17, 2011

PINEAPPLE PECAN CHEESE BALL

One of my favorite things, especially at holiday time, is a cheese ball.  I love this one and have used it since my early married days.  It is just not New Year's Eve without my cheeseball!

2 (8-oz) pkgs cream cheese (In my later years I have started using the light cream cheese!) slightly softened
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (for Christmas I like to mix red and green bell peppers)
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1 small can pineapple, very well drained (I push the lid down into the pineapple to 'squeeze' dry.)
1 cup chopped pecans for rolling

In a mixing bowl mix the cream cheese, with the bell pepper/s, green onion, and pineapple.  When well mixed, refrigerate from 30 minutes up to 3 days to chill. 

To serve, remove from refrigerator and roll thoroughly in the pecans.  Place on a pretty platter and surround with an assortment of crackers.  (Now that I am diabetic, I use only whole-grain crackers.  Don't wait until you are diabetic.  Add whole-grain crackers to your platter now!)

 

No comments: