Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

This is an old hand written recipe from my late mother's recipe files. I remember her making these cookies for a school function when I was in high school in the 60s. They were so good my Home Economics teacher asked me to bring her the recipe!

1 egg
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup chopped spanish peanuts

Beat egg and add 1 cup of the powdered sugar and the vanilla. Add the peanut butter and butter then the last cup of powdered sugar. Shape mixture into balls and roll in the chopped peanuts. Use the blender to chop up the nuts.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Your mother and mine must have had a mind connection back then, because mine made the very same when I was in high school at the same time! I loved them then and even more so now as they're naturally gluten free which is an added bonus. I just love these things!

Grandma aka Linda Wilson said...

Linda,
I still love them, too! Hadn't even thought about the fact they are glutin free. Have a cousin who can't tolerate glutin. Thanks for the idea, I will pass this on to her.