Wednesday, August 3, 2011

SOUR CREAM BARS

This recipe is one I got many many years ago when we first got out of the Air Force (during the Viet Nam era). I have not made it in years and don't even know if this mix is still available. Anyone????????????

1 box Betty Crocker Butterscotch Brownie Mix
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 egg
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Blend the brownie mix, sour cream, and egg together. Stir in the raisins and nuts. Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool thoroughly and cut into 48 squares.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Linda,

These sound great. I barely recall this mix, but googled it and found this recipe for it: http://www.food.com/recipe/betty-crockers-butterscotch-brownies-441026. I'm going to try making these using this and your recipe. You were in the Air Force? I'll bet you have some stories to tell...:-)
Take care--Linda

Grandma aka Linda Wilson said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I need to try this for my grandchildren. Let us know how ours turn out.

My husband was in the Air Force so I was an AF wife. It was quite an experience! The Viet Nam era was not the best time to be in the military, although we never had any problems from the public like some did.

Linda said...

Good to hear! You're right--that was a difficult time for those in the military--all the way around. I bookmarked this recipe for our next birthday bash at work which is coming up soon. I'm afraid if I make them and don't share them that I'll eat them all! :-) I'll let you know how they come out. My co-workers are my gluten free trail and error guinea pigs and they're totally supportive and more than happy to be my testers.