Monday, April 26, 2010

CREAM CHEESE-LIME JELLO SALAD

This recipe is from the community where I went to school. (Yes, I didn't say what type of school and that's because I went from first grade through twelfth grade in the same building! My parents went there and so did my oldest child!) 1 regular can of milnot, chilled until ice crystals start to form 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened 1 cup sugar 2 tsp vanilla 3-oz pkg lime jello 1 cup boiling water Add the sugar and vanilla to the softened cream cheese. Dissolve the jello in the boiling water, stirring to completely dissolve the jello. Cool until syrupy. Combined the cooled jello and the cream cheese mixture. Whip the milnot until stiff and fold into the other mixture being gentle. Pour into a jello mold that has been wiped with a vegetable oiled paper towel. Chill until firm. Note: You can use your choice of Jello flavors.

file photo for reference



No comments: