Thursday, July 9, 2009

PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL

2 pkgs (8-oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups chopped pecans, divided
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
dash of salt, optional

Stir crushed pineapple into the cream cheese. Gradually add in 1 cup of the pecans, bell pepper, onion, and salt, if using. When mixture is well blended, form into a ball. Roll the ball in the remaining cup of pecans. Chill until serving time. Serve with an assortment of crackers and celery sticks.

2 comments:

Grandma's Vintage Recipes said...

I love everything vintage and old-fashioned regarding recipes and cooking. I'm adding you to my fave blog list and hope you stop by and visit me too. Roz

Grandma's Vintage Recipes said...

I ran my own catering business for many years and this was one of my most requested items on my menu. Quick, easy, and so good.