Thursday, July 2, 2009

LIME SHERBET PUNCH

An old recipe from my childhood. This recipe is for large crowds. One recipe of this punch will serve 125 people.

5 lbs sugar
2 gallon water
4 cans (46-oz each) pineapple juice
4 large cans frozen orange juice
4 bottles (2 liters each) ginger ale
1 gallon lime sherbet

In a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the water. Bring mixture to a boil; remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the pineapple juice and orange juice; mix well. Chill punch thoroughly and also keep ginger ale in the refrigerator. Just before serving, stir in the ginger ale and add the sherbet.

2 comments:

Grandma's Vintage Recipes said...

I remember this punch being served at weddings when I was a kid. I loved the stuff and could never get enough. I didn't know the recipe for the punch, so thanks for posting. Now I'm going to have to plan a party so I can make it.

Grandma's Vintage Recipes said...

Deb, I have been out of state and just saw your post. I remember this punch from weddings, also. It sure was good, wasn't it?