Sunday, January 4, 2009

1980s Cheese Spread

This recipe was torn from a magazine page. It was dated 1982. It was in a Kraft Foods advertisement.

2 pkgs (8-oz each) Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
1/3 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
10 crisply cooked bacon slices, crumbled
1/4 cup green onion slices
Nabisco Triscut Wafters

Combine the cream cheese and salad dressing; mix until well blended. Add remaining ingredients, except Tricuts, and mix well. Chill. Serve with the Triscut Wafers.

Variation: Substitute 1/2 cup finely chopped han, 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, and 1/4 cup onion for the bacon and green onion.

Note: The KRAFT products are listed because this was a KRAFT ad. Any brands may be used and you may serve with your favorite snack crackers. In my opinion, this is also good when used to stuff celery for a relish tray or appetizer platter.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm chuckling at the 1980's being vintage... (my graduating year). I would love to see you catoragize your recipes so I could look through your recipes by subject... just a suggestion.

Vintage Recipes said...

Beth,

I agree about the 80s being vintage! That's why I added 80s to the title. Now I'm vintage! My kids were graduating in the early 80s, too.

I do need to catagorize the recipes better and will work on that when I get over my auto-immune disease flare. For now you can put cookies, chocolate cookies, etc in the search box and it will bring all the recipes for that up for you.

Hope you find some recipes you enjoy and come back often.

Linda